Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My love for Sandros

For those who follow high-class, perfectionist designers when I speak of Mr. Sandro Masmanidi, you'll go "Ahhhh! Yes, I love him!". Exactly. Many of you probably recognize him as the handsome Russian in Project Runway Season 12. I had the ultimate privilege of being "his lady" for Charlotte Fashion Guild's STYLE Week this past September. It was one of those spontaneous moments in my life that was like; "Ashley, screw what you're thinking and/or about to do, get over here and help" situations.

First of all, the man knows that he's doing. He KNOWS what it takes and paying attention to details in his work is crucial. I wish more designers actually paid attention to their stitching and their patterns. The love that I saw him bestow towards the models wearing his pieces was impeccable. So much of his passion went into his show simply starting with gracing the runway way white & red rose petals for the models to down the runway; which was just absolutely breathtaking. These little things matter so much when you want to make an impact and remember - FIRST IMPRESSIONS are everything.

Secondly, he's real. Doesn't sugar coat anything or beat around the bush. He tells you like it is. Which is why I think we got along just fine. I love it when people can just talk and be themselves and not have to worry about what others may think of them. As they say, actions speak louder than words - and his actions are genuine. He took the time to thank the models & get pictures with him after the show. He took the time to hang out for the after party. He took the time to share his experience, knowledge, and ultimately TEACH me a few things on the fly. He took the time to showcase his collection here in Charlotte, the South - and anyone that takes the time to be a service to others, is just awesome.


So until I drop about 40 pounds, I know who's creating my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, and ultimately redoing my whole freakin' wardrobe.

Mr. Masmanidi, until we meet again dear friend, I wish you nothing but love, happiness, and success.








No comments:

Post a Comment